Flying Tiger Copenhagen is a global retail chain based on Danish design. They don’t just sell great products. They surprise you, inspire you, and make you smile. They believe relationships and experiences make people happy. Therefore, their products encourage play, creativity and social activities. It’s not the ball but the game you play, with those closest to you, that matters to Flying Tiger Copenhagen.
Their broad and extensive assortment includes categories ranging from home, kitchen, hobby and party to toys, electronics, and gadgets, food, and accessories. Each month the assortment is refreshed with around 300 new products. The seasonal campaign products are complimented by our fixed assortment consisting of around 1000 products that are applicable across all the seasons.
As Category Manager for Fixed assortment, you will be part of a creative and ambitious team that — in collaboration with its own designers — develops products and builds assortments for the Group’s approximately 1000 stores in 33 countries. The workplace is in the heart of Copenhagen, in a very creative and informal environment.
As Category Manager, you will have complete product responsibility for the Fixed assortment and your role will include:
- Study trends and analyse to create the category’s monthly campaign assortment.
- Develop new products and re-introduce successful products.
Negotiate and build relations with suppliers
- Continuously ensure competitive market prices on all products using inputs like currency rates, raw material price development, and macro-economic factors.
- Visit and work with key suppliers to continuously improve supplier performance, as well as work on a long-term supplier allocation strategy.
Manage and develop team
- Engage, guide, and motivate team members to develop and increase their competences.
- Lead your team to manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the product development process.
- Ensure correct and timely processes across the team.
As Category Manager, you will focus on:
- Ensure like-for-like sales growth of own categories.
- Continuously develop own categories and review fixed and campaign assortment, at least once a year.
- Develop a coherent campaign assortment each month, within own categories, that adheres to the commercial themes of the month.
- Developing, engaging, and training your team members.
- Ensure a timely and correct ordering process within the team.
- Overall responsibility for product compliance and correct documentation in the team.
- Work closely with Graphic Design and incorporate the overall Graphic Design guidelines and colours to the Product range.
- Work closely with Product Design to ensure the overall Product Concept of FTC and to ensure our Building Block of offering own design to our customers.
You know what sells and you are accustomed to thinking RETAIL every day. You are good at converting numbers and statistics into useful information. You have analytical skills and professional pride in what you’re doing. You enjoy working in an international, informal, and buzzy environment.
It is important that you can handle a high-paced work environment by remaining calm and organised. Both spoken and written English proficiency is a must. We are strongly seeking experience within product development and perhaps also with Asian suppliers. Management experience can also be an advantage. You can expect around 50 travel days a year.
Core Competence is responsible for the recruitment process on behalf of Flying Tiger Copenhagen. You are welcome to contact Torben Løvdal at +45 3024 8852 or Per Stabel at +45 2270 8124. We will treat your inquiry confidentially.
Send your application and CV via the button “Søg stillingen” below. We are continuously hiring so we recommend contacting us as soon as possible.