SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL FOR ESVAGT
ESVAGT is a high-quality provider of safety and support at sea. Built on a strong foundation of highly experienced and well-trained crew, good quality vessels, and equipment, ESVAGT has been the industry-leading performer in terms of safety and support at sea since 1981.
The company was founded with the purpose of providing emergency and rescue services to the Danish oil and gas industry. Today, ESVAGT operates a fleet of more than 40 purpose-built vessels providing services to both the growing wind industry and the maturing oil and gas industries.
Do you provide high caliber and solid legal work? Do you have general and profound business insight combined with sound analytical skills, well-founded judgement, and business acumen on what is “a good business deal”? Join Esvagt and become part of a global company with excellent customer solutions and who is a world leader within its business areas.
Esvagt is seeking a well-structured, experienced, and knowledgeable lawyer to join the company. You will work closely with top management, performing various key functions at executive level. You will work with knowledgeable, professional experts in the finance department and with skilled, professional, technical experts and group support functions. You will be expected to provide practical and pragmatic legal, management- and business advice and be able to support the business on a variety of legal matters across the organization. We also cooperate with external legal advisors across countries worldwide. Travel activity will be approximately 10-20 days a year.
Working place is Esbjerg.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
You primary task will be to support the management team of Esvagt’s commercial and technical divisions. You will deal with a range of general projects, corporate issues, commercial contracts and international project development. Joining the team, you will among others work with:
- Corporate law and activities relating to contracting and subcontracting agreements as well as purchase commercial contracts
- Activities relating to M&A deals
- Corporate governance
- Negotiations, customer contact and dispute resolution matters
- Contact to shareholders and participation in board meetings
- General legal support and advice on all kinds of commercial issues in a company committed to the strategy laid down
You have a master law degree and are or have been admitted to the bar as a lawyer somewhere in Europe. You have preferable been working within the maritime sector, the energy sector, or within the oil and gas or construction industry. Further qualification highlights:
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a lawyer, i.e. having trained within a private practice or as an in-house corporate counsel in an international environment
- In-house experience preferred, but not required
- Understanding the specific issues associated with running a global company would be particularly advantageous
You are a robust, confident, commercially aware, and resilient lawyer with the ability to understand the principles of the business challenges around and ahead. You are able to identify and interpret business- or legal “risks” and to seize business or legal “opportunities” in general.
Furthermore, you are:
- Structured, dynamic, self-driven, trustworthy, efficiently outgoing, and independent
- Thriving in an international and culturally aware environment
- An excellent negotiator and fluent in written and spoken English at business level
- Able to keep a cool head and work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines
An exciting opportunity for a business focused lawyer to participate in decisions regarding commercial- and legal matters, to develop legal experience within a market-leading organization, and to have access to varied, interesting and high caliber legal work. This promises to be a rewarding role with the ability for the candidate to form parts of the job. Esvagt offer a fair package in addition to a market salary. Esvagt is an attractive and informal place to work, and Esvagt always strives to live up to the highest standard and values.
Please upload your application and resumé as soon as possible. Should you have any questions, please confidentially contact the search partner, Core Competence, Mr. Per Stabel +45 22 708 124.